Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thinking about the past

Last week I was remembering a book that I had when I was a child around maybe 7 or 8 years old at the time, I cannot tell you what trigger this rush of fond memories about that book.  My Book of Bible Stories publishes by the Jehovah Witness, O yes that was our church back then.  Our family joins about 1976, looking at that religion now with much older eyes their belief where very far left, of the main Christian ideals, but at the time I loved that book. 

I’m trying to think why I like that book so much, it was hard bound bright yellow and the lettering written in cursive in vivid red color, before I had another book it was small pink cover called The Great Teacher, nice little stories about the teaching of Jesus.  That book did not have a lot of picture, boring!  However, the other book had big wonderful picture every other page and it told the whole story of the bible in order.  I do not how many times I read that book, but I know at the time I discover classic radio show because dad pawn the TV, so I was force to listen to the radio and old WFAA radio 570 played those wonderful shows.  That station was all news and at 7pm they would broadcast programs like The Jack Benny Show, I thought that show was genius.  I would record them with my tape recorder and play them back pretending I was a program director and I add my favorite book has part of the programs, I would read it aloud and time myself so I would only take 15 or 30 minutes, that was fun.


Today I would love to have that copy I know there update volumes, but I like that one maybe one day I will come across that book, its funny the things you remember sometimes.

Please visit my website http://writingstoriesforfun.webs.com/ to read a few short stories that I have posted.

Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment