Wednesday, October 12, 2011

One Year Since my Pastor went to Heaven Part 2



My last blog I wrote about the church is coping after my pastor went home to be the Lord in heaven; our church is strong and moving forward in our community hopping by the end of this year to be in our new building.  I want to focus what observed that last year that my pastor, Dwain Hobbs that made me say “Hmmmm”.

That final year he let his daughter preach most of the Sunday services and the Wednesday talk, but he was there for every service to give support and if the Word hit his spirit, he would share it.  His daughter, Darla Shirley, has that same fire for the God then and now.   Pastor I notice a few time he would join the band with his guitar and mimic playing with them, sound odd.  He loved music especially the horns, I personal think we have the best blue/jazz gospel band in Dallas (It Great!).

Pastor for years taken guitar lesson for many years and the church offer free guitar lesson any child that wanted to learn.  I think on stage with his guitar pretending to make music he had so much fun, it was like a little child that wants to do what the old kids does and he so happy just be with them.  That is my pastor; I thought to my self that he is so comfortable with God.

What do I mean comfortable with God, I think at first our concept of God is a person to be afraid because He almighty God which is true, but when you learn about Jesus and His love over time he become Abba Father (Daddy).  He does not lose the almighty part but he dad too.  Making me to say Hmmm, I wonder if we can get so close that we fade between two worlds the natural and the spiritual.  I know this is wired, but I wonder if you can get so “comfortable” that you just walk into heaven and do not come back because it too good.

Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment