Thursday, November 10, 2011

Story Time: The Friendship of Zack and Vivian part 1 “The Set Up”


Yeah!  Its story time again a short story I wrote and I hope you like it, I broken it into bit size parts because it’s a little long, but you can read the complete story on my website www.writingstoriesforfun.webs.com. 

I have a question how did you become friends with your best friend, do you remember that first moment?  Most of us have maybe one or two really closes friends that we thank God that they are in are lives, that special someone who we can let our hair down any be ourselves.  However, do you remember how you two became friends?  Some our friends had share interest like work or school, but do you think that relationship was a set up.  Powers greater than you or your friend conspire and set wheel in motion for that friendship.

I believe that because I have a couple of friends I cannot explain how we become so close and I know my recluse personality is one reason I don’t have a lot friends, but somehow I have them as friends go figure.  In this story, a guardian angel is the main cause for my two characters to interact with each other and the seed of friendship planted, the angel use a little bump and Zack and Vivian take it from there.

 
The Friendship of Zack and Vivian



THE SET UP


Two worlds exist together the spiritual and the natural, the spiritual world created the natural and its laws are superior to natural laws.  Man lives in the natural world and angels dwell in the spirit, offend the two world interact.  Originating from the air a dark evil force enter the hallways of a school the beasts running growling exposing it large sharp fangs searching for someone to devour, viewing a woman drape in white he stop panting and drooling.

“Hello Beast,” said the woman, the fang creature move around to view the smooth, calm face of the woman.

“Paula the Guardian, it’s been awhile since we last met, what are you doing here?” ask the Beast.

Her eyes focus down the hallway to an awkward boy his head down enduring harassment by bullies.  Pushing, poking, and loudly making malicious jokes, the tormenters bored at their victim seizing his backpack dumping all the content on the floor as they stroll off laughing.  “There he is my baby, Zackary.”

The beast howled with laughter, “What is that, he must be 2 points above a retard.”

“He a lovely boy, a seed waiting to be planted in the right field so he can bloom, God loves him.”

“He is the only one that does,” said the beast as he continues to laughs.

“Why are you hear at this school, Beast?” ask Paula, turning his head at the other end of the hallway stand a tall girl dress in dark gray and black sweats lending against the wall frowning.

“Their one of my recruits, Vivian do not let her sweet name fool you she mean, she will let no one get close to her and with good reason.  Abandon by her parents she has travel from foster home to foster home, she angry at the world.  She is almost ready for my wolf pack to cause mischief.” Express the Beast.  “Now I must go because I’m still searching for the weak and the unprotected to slay.” The Beast roared jumping in the air vanishing.

Paula observing Vivian sad eyes having compassion for her, “you are so unhappy and you won’t let anyone be a friend you because you are angry,” glancing at Zack, “And you don’t have a friend because you are afraid to open up.”  She grins with a sparkle in her eyes, swiftly marching to Zack as he collect everything from the floor throwing it into locker frustrated.

“3 o clock will be here soon, 3 o clock will be here soon.” recited Zack, ‘ding-ding-ding’ the school bell sounded for the start of first class.  Zack scrambling for his things shutting the door walking rapidly down the hallway Paula holding his arm moving with him.

“Zack, my baby, no matter what happen just be your loving self and siege the opportunity and you will be fine.”  Vivian passing him going the opposite way, Paula in one motion swing Zack into Vivian they bounce like two balls the entire student bodies around them gasp.

Zack not knowing who he bump into immediately look up saw Vivian very angry glaring at him, he surrender raising his hands but they were ball up in a fisted clasping small objects.  Vivian instantly thought fight; striking like a boxer socking him in the face punching the body one-two-three rapid hits daze, legs wobbling he collapse to the floor.  Swiftly campus securities grab Vivian bounding her arm down she yelled and struggle, “Get off of me!”  Running behind them, Mrs. Carter the vice principal, shouting at Vivian.

“Oh Jesus Vivian now I have to take you off the basketball team now!”  Students help Zack to his feet, his face stinging and sore he stumbles forward to tap Mrs. Carter on her shoulder.

“It was my fault, It was my fault,” Mrs. Carter turn glance at him.

“You go to the nurse boy and have her check you out.”

“She did not start it I did,” Zack, insisted, “She was defending herself from me.”

Mrs. Carter wanted to laugh at him but she did not this might be a way to keep Vivian on the team she thought in her mind, “You go to the nurse and stay there,” she raised her voice, “Vivian in my office now, I’m going to call both yours parents for a conference!”

An hour later Zack sitting in Mrs. Carter office head down afraid of what will happen with his mother, Betty sitting next to him furious as she observe bruises forming on her son face.  Across the desk sat Vivian slump over legs wide open with her head tilt as she look up at the ceiling and wall very disinterested, her foster mother, Gloria, poking at her to sit up Vivian finally comply with a bother look on her face.

“Zackary we have no incidents or problem with you before at school,” said Mrs. Carter viewing her computer, “but you said that you started this fight and Vivian was just defending herself, is that right?”

Still looking down at the floor Zack shook his head yes, “Yes Ma’am,” Betty cast her eyes on her son with disbelief

“So why did you start the fight?”  Ask Mrs. Carter.

“Earlier this morning I was getting harass by some bullies again and I was upset and I thought Vivian bump into me on purpose so I was mad and I started the fight.  I know it wrong for boys to fight girls; I’m sorry and ready for my punishment.”

Betty chimed in, “Wait a minute if my son started this why is he the only one with bruises?”

“Because I’m not that good.” Responded Zack, Vivian almost burst out laughing but she held it as she kept her eye down at the floor with a smirk on her face.

“Ok fighting on campus is very serious so I’m going to suspend both of you to 5 days in school suspension, Zack for starting the fight and Vivian well you should have waited for Zack to attempt to throw a punch before you took him out.  Miss Starr you should take your son home today so he can get some rest I will have his teachers emails his homework.”  Betty thanking Mrs. Carter and hurried her son from the office, “Vivian your suspension starts now.”

That evening Zack sitting at the dinning room table eating his microwavable dinner slowly, his sister, Alice sitting next to him excited and animated about the events that took place this morning at school.  “I wish I was there to seen what happen; everybody says that Vivian knocks you out in less than 10 seconds.  She hit you in the face you went that way, she punch you in the stomach  you went the other way then fell like a sack of potatoes, Oh wish I could have been there,”  Express Alice, “I Don’t know why you want to pick a fight with toughest girl in school?”

His mother sitting across from Zack mad and frustrated about today’s events, “I don’t believe that you did anything wrong, that young witch must have said something to you.”  Zack shaking his head no, “I just wanted to slap that smirk off her face, for hurting you, and Mrs. Carter her old tail she knew you didn’t started this, Vivian, is she a girl or what?”  Complain Betty.

“She a girl barley, she does nothing with her hair she don’t wear makeup and she dress in ugly clothes all the time.  I guest when you are ugly you can’t help to be mean.”  Said Alice chuckling and Betty smile, Zack disagree that Vivian was ugly but he did not say anything he just let the women at the table carry on.

Thank you for reading part 1 of The Friendship of Zack and Vivian "The Set Up", next week I will post part 2 I hope you are enjoy reading my stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment